Who owns collected info?
There are two roles you might fit into when using our services:
- As our customer, the owner of a contracting business, you own the detailed data you post about your business within your Pointman account. We will use it internally and with our partners to help you run your business, accept payments, respond to your questions, and bring you news about new products and services.
- As an employee or subcontractor of a contracting business given user permission by the owner to access posted business data, you own nothing in Pointman. That’s important for you to know. We’re here to protect our customers, the contractor owners. An employee may login across several contractors. Please be aware that as an employee you may neither own data nor should expect privacy from your employers. This is really a matter between you and your employers.
Pointman owns the data we ask for, the payment processor account, and aggregate data about your business and many others’ businesses.
How do we use collected info?
We use it ourselves to:
- To help you run your business.
- To help you collect payment from your customers.
- To help you and our partners pay us for our services to you.
- To respond to you.
- To benchmark you in a non-personally identifiable way.
- To improve your user experience or software/hardware performance.
- And to fulfill any purpose for which you provide info or give consent.
Do We Share, Sell, Or Rent Your Info To Anyone Else?
Other than as necessary to fulfill your requests, we do not. We partner with third-parties to provide specific services. When you sign up for our services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third-party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
How Do We Use Your Info For Our Advertising?
To recruit a vibrant community of contractors like you, we advertise. Heck, we’d shout from rooftops to meet you. We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other partners or you provide to us.
Here’s some technical stuff. We will not facilitate the merging of personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any advertising partners and products unless we have notice-of and the user’s prior consent to that merger. We think this means that we won’t use your personal info from one partner or service to reveal who you are on another advertising partner without your consent.
We have implemented these Google Analytics advertising features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and identifiers
For personalized advertising (formerly Interest-based advertising), we adhere to policies from each Google service too, such as:
Who Else Gets Your Info From Us?
To fulfill the purposes above, we may also disclose your info to:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our contractors, service providers, business partners, and other third-parties (to finish good stuff faster and better for you).
- To third-party referral and trade organizations who have business relationships with us.
What About Public Disclosures From Us?
Without your consent, we’ll never publicly disclose:
- Personal or sensitive data related to financial or payment activities or any government identification numbers
- Your non-public contacts (i.e. contact info for you, your employees, your subcontractors, or your customers)
How Do Your Employees And Subcontractors Use Your Info?
Your employees and subcontractors (your users) also use your info as you see fit. You may grant and revoke access to your users. You will be able to see the data your users post on your behalf. They should expect no privacy from you. We are not responsible for the access you grant them or what they do with this access.
Please keep in mind that several of our customers may grant your users access to their contracting business accounts in Pointman. Each account is its own walled garden in Pointman. We will not share your detailed business data across accounts, or give you the ability to share it across accounts from within your account. However, your users may have serial access to login, see, and post detailed data themselves in multiple accounts. That’s a matter for you and your users.
How do we collect and store data?
We collect info when you:
- Interact with our ads and messages.
- Use our services (promotional and customer support).
- Use services posted on third-party web sites.
- Use our business partners’ services.
- Use our services and our partners’ services via APIs.
Collected info is stored in a professional data center managed by our hosting partner with secure facilities, equipment, and data handling policies.
We secure your data online and offline:
- We encrypt sensitive information and transmit it in a secure way (via SSL protocols through firewalls). You may verify your own encryption and transmission by looking for a closed lock icon in your browser and an ‘https’ address prefix.
- The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a secret token (e.g. a password) for access to certain parts of our services, you are responsible for keeping this secret confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- There are no guarantees about security on the Internet. Do everything at own risk.
- Regarding our employees and contractors, only those who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- We keep our computers and records kept in a secured environment.
We handle payments and PCI-Compliance carefully. Although users can submit credit card or other payment card information to pay for your service or ours through Pointman, we do not receive this information itself. Payment card information is transmitted directly to our third-party payment processing partner, through an Internet connection secured by industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Our payment processing partner then communicates to Pointman whether your payment has cleared, but does not provide payment card information to Pointman.
Compliance with Laws and Disclosure
We will abide by the requirements of greater, binding laws. We may disclose personal information in the event that authorities request it. This may happen even in the event that doing so will be in the best interest of protecting Pointman’s own rights.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Parts of our services are directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that children under the age of 13 are accessing our services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us.
You play a big part. When you succeed, Pointman does too. You have three ways you may take action with respect to this policy:
- Access to see and change info
- Limit what is collected and stored
- Express concern
You have access to see and change info:
- You can see what’s collected by logging into your Pointman account. You can also go to https://aboutme.google.com/ to see what Google has collected about you. Through these services, you can change or correct your own data if necessary.
- In some instances, we cannot delete your information except by also deleting your account.
- We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Don’t forget that you can also grant or revoke access by your users (your employees and subcontractors).
You may limit what is collected and stored about you:
- You can withdraw consent and delete your info with us. At the time you close your account, you may request to delete your business info owned by you, within your Pointman account.
- Please see our partners for their policy; just ask for us their contact info.
- You may configure your browsers as you wish, which may impair our service to you.
- You may opt-out of our promotional messages by email and other channels from within our email communication by the unsubscribe link in the footer. There are similar unsubscribe/unfollow features in social media too.
- You may opt-out of Google Analytics advertising features via AdSettings and AdSettings for mobile apps. Please visit Google Analytics currently available opt-outs.