What error is customer getting?
You need to log into WePay and find the customer/transaction.
Payment Error Codes (probably the main issues we'll run into)
- 2001: The AVS check on the payment failed (invalid billing address).
- 2002: The card type is not supported (i.e. not Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, or Diners Club).
- 2003: The issuing bank indicated that the card is not supported.
- 2004: The issuing bank declined the charge but did not tell us why (generally due to a fraud check on their side).
- 2005: The payment method does not have sufficient funds to make the payment.
- 2006: The card has been lost or stolen.
- 2007: The card has expired (some issuing banks don’t care though and we only care if they do).
- 2008: Some of the card data was invalid (CVV, expiration date, card number, name on card).
- 2009: The credit_card object is in an invalid state for that action.
The “checkout” object has the following states, and the following possible state transitions. You can receive callback notifications when the checkout changes state via IPNs.
- New -- The checkout was created by the application. This state only exists for checkouts created in WePay's hosted checkout flow.
- Authorized -- The payer entered their payment info and confirmed the payment on WePay. WePay has successfully charged the card, but the funds have not yet been credited to the payee account. Reasons for this may include ACH processing time, reviews from our Trust and Safety team, or delayed payout features.
- Captured -- The payment has been reserved from the payer.
- Released -- The payment has been credited to the payee account. Note that the released state may be active although there are active partial refunds or partial chargebacks.
- Cancelled -- The payment has been cancelled by the payer, payee, or application.
- Refunded -- The payment was captured and then refunded by the payer, payee, or application. The payment has been debited from the payee account.
- charged back -- The payment has been charged back by the payer and the payment has been debited from the payee account. For more information, please see our Chargeback FAQ.
- Failed -- The payment has failed.
- Expired -- Checkouts expire if they remain in the new state for more than 30 minutes (e.g., they have been abandoned). This state only exists for checkouts created in WePay's hosted checkout flow.