Every technician can easily start Check Ins and Review Requests naturally when they complete onsite visits from their mobile device
Nearby Now is a terrific service that displays technician check ins and homeowner reviews right on your web site. With a live feed of your positive business activity, search engines raise your rank dramatically, leading to more new customers finding you.
Pointman and Nearby Now share an integration. Let's talk about how to use this feature from the mobile technician interface on your smartphone or tablet.
For any organization with a Nearby Now API Key, every time a technician completes the last visit on a job, Pointman prompts them to do one of:
- Check in
- Check in and request a review via the contact’s email address (already on-file)
- Nothing (skip check-in and review)
To trigger the process again, just set the status on the last visit to Onsite, save it, and then set it back to Complete and save it again.
What should I do first?
If you haven't already done it, setup your Nearby Now API Key for your organization.
Try it inside the Mobile Technician interface
- Choose Continue Job to open the next job
2. From the menu choose Status
3. Change the Status from Onsite to Complete
4. Next, you get the Nearby Now prompt
- Optionally correct the Email address, which is defaulted to the Contact’s email address
- Ideally, something that speaks about the job, equipment, and solution, and win that varies with each job
- Remember, this is how new customers will find you when they search on their problem
- e.g. "Installed <mfg> <model> <equip type> to solve <problem>. Resulted in <big win> for <home type>.”
- Avoid anything that violates the homeowner's privacy
6. Click Check In, Check In & Request Review, or Skip. If you’re not skipping, Field Nimble triggers Nearby Now to do its work, and replies with a success message.
6. With your visit complete, you may see this at the bottom of your screen.
If you require further assistance, please reach out to the Support Team using any of our channels -
Chat with us