When members are using a Quickbooks Desktop version that is 2019 or later, it is important to note that Intuit has significantly changed how QuickBooks 2019 and Enterprise 19.0 import IIF files. QuickBooks 2020 also includes these changes.
They have introduced more stringent error checking and reporting that causes the import to fail. Many of these items that fail are items unrelated to what we import in the iif file. We have found a method that can be done and allows these import files to pass. Please follow the steps below to do so:
- Download the export file from Pointman as per usual (Click here for assistance with this)
- Inside Quickbooks, click on File
- Choose Utilities
- Then choose Import
- Now choose iif file
- This will now bring up a pop up shown below, choose the Import it for me, I'll fix it later option on the bottom of the pop up:
- This will then open File Explorer, choose the correct file that was downloaded from above
- Select Open on the file and it should be imported.